Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Administrative Coordinator, Education, Full time, Variable shiftApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Downey Hospital Location Downey, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 18454-977 Date posted 03/15/2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services.
The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
This position provides administrative support to the Clinical Education and Academic Service Liaison team including coordinating training classes and meetings, maintaining course catalog and newsletter, coordinating student placements as well as managing administrative support of day-to-day operations of the department.
- Advanced computer skills including Micro Soft Power Point, Word, Publisher, and Excel
- Typing at 50 WPM
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Project oriented and able to work independently with little direction
- High school graduate or GED required.
- 3 years of prior experience in training, human resources, or related field.
- Administrative assistant experience; filing, typing and computer, word processing, desktop publishing & spreadsheet skills.
- Must possess valid, unrestricted California Driver’s License and valid auto liability insurance for travel to satellite offices.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience with Learning Management Systems a plus.
- Ability to maintain composure and balance multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment; excellent communication, organizational and listening skills, ability to maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V