CARE MANAGEMENT CLERK (Downey); PER DIEM, VARIABLE SHIFTApply Now Job ID 7747-977 Date posted 06/13/2019
PIH Health is a nonprofit regional healthcare delivery network founded over 50 years ago. Our two campuses including a 548-bed facility in Whittier and a 199-bed facility in Downey, help to provide services to approximately 1.5 million residents in Los Angeles, Orange County and the greater San Gabriel Valley.
Works with case managers, social workers and Access coordinators to coordinate case management, discharge planning activities and patient placement activities. Coordinates the transfer of information to agencies and facilities in support of timely and safe patient discharges. Makes phone calls to patient care facilities in search of appropriate placement options for patient transfer. Develops and maintains collegial working relationships with Intake Personnel at outside agencies and facilities. Efficiently and accurately performs administrative, clinical functions within the department as assigned, including computer data entry, telephone and email communication and record keeping.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Proficient English reading and comprehension
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment while completing individual assignments
- Basic technical and computer skills
- Ability to multi-task and take direction from staff members belonging to different disciplines
- High School graduate
- Medical Terminology or willingness to learn
- Prior team-related experience preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V