Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Care Management Coordinator, Part time, EveningsApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Downey Hospital Location Downey, California Job Type Part-Time Job ID 19578-977 Date posted 05/26/2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services.
Works with case managers, social workers and Access coordinators to coordinate case management, discharge planning activities and patient placement activities. Coordinates the transfer of information to agencies and facilities in support of timely and safe patient discharges. Makes phone calls to patient care facilities in search of appropriate placement options for patient transfer. Develops and maintains collegial working relationships with Intake Personnel at outside agencies and facilities. Efficiently and accurately performs administrative, clinical functions within the department as assigned, including computer data entry, telephone and email communication and record keeping.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Proficient English reading and comprehension
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment while completing individual assignments
- Basic technical and computer skills, minimum of 40 wpm
- Ability to multi-task and take direction from staff members belonging to different disciplines
- High School graduate
- Medical Terminology or willingness to learn
- Prior team-related experience
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
11500 Brookshire Ave.