CERTIFIED NURSE ATTENDANT (DOWNEY); MED/SURG, FULL TIME, NIGHTSApply Now Job ID 8957-977 Date posted 01/30/2020
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Certified Nurse Attendant performs effective patient care duties under the supervision of licensed members of the healthcare team necessary to maintain the flow of patient care in the hospital; and helps to maintain a safe and clean environment in order to enhance department operations.
- Clear written and verbal English communication skills.
- Knowledge of infection control.
- Basic organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and patient assessment skills.
- Must have a current California CNA certification
- Prior experience in an acute care facility preferred or formal class room education and formal hospital/in-service orientation
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association
- Evidence of continuing education where required
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V