CLINICAL LAB SCIENTIST, ASSISTANT LABORATORY MANAGER (DOWNEY); FULL TIME, DAYSApply Now Job ID 7719-977 Date posted 06/10/2019
PIH Health is a nonprofit regional healthcare delivery network founded over 50 years ago. Our two campuses including a 548-bed facility in Whittier and a 199-bed facility in Downey, help to provide services to approximately 1.5 million residents in Los Angeles, Orange County and the greater San Gabriel Valley.
The Assistant Laboratory Manager assists with overseeing the Laboratory and Pathology department operations including staff scheduling, payroll, regulatory requirements, LIS operations, development and maintenance of policies and procedures, new staff interviews, safety, staff orientation and daily operations. This is a Management position.
**ASSISTANT LABORATORY MANAGER MUST HAVE GENERALIST AND POINT OF CARE (POC) EXPERIENCE
- Must read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to work independently, exercises sound judgment and is organized.
- Ability to motivate and objectively work with all types of people.
- Ability to prioritize workload and delegate effectively.
- Have a thorough knowledge of laboratory operations.
- Able to plan, delegate, organize, control and evaluate results and variances according to aforementioned age ranges.
- Good conceptual skills.
- A Bachelor's Degree
- Valid California CLS license
- Must have aCalifornia State Clinical Laboratory Technologist license
- A minimum of five (5) years as a Medical Technologist with three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- 3+ years as a licensed Medical Technologist II
- Experience as a LIS Coordinator, Supervisor or Team Leader
- Knowledge of LIS Systems, including ad hoc reporting and database maintenance.
- Experience in managing and coordinating large, multi-task projects
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V