CLINICAL PHARMACIST - DOWNEY; FULL TIME, VARIABLE SHIFT (**FOR INTERNAL EMPLOYEES ONLY)Apply Now Job ID 7723-977 Date posted 06/10/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Clinical Pharmacist will supervise and perform all aspects concerning the preparation and dispensing of medications while maintaining ethical and professional behavior that ensures efficient, accurate, timely distribution and control of medication throughout the hospital. The Clinical Pharmacist will serve as a drug information specialist by providing accurate drug information to physicians, nurses, and paramedical personnel. Pharmaceutical Care is provided by the Clinical Pharmacist through continual monitoring of patients drug therapy and accepting responsibility for their patients’ outcome. The Clinical Pharmacist shall at all times maintain the security of the department and serve as guardian of the hospital drug supply. Maintain and reflect a positive and professional attitude representing the pharmacy and PIH hospital.
- Must have advanced knowledge in pharmacokinetics and the ability to apply them in the hospital setting.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy recognized by the California State Board of Pharmacy.
- Must have a Pharm.D. degree.
- Must be a California registered Pharmacist.
- Must have a current BLS and ACLS Heartsaver Certification from the American Heart Association.
- Completion of a hospital residency is preferred.
- Hospital pharmacy experience preferred.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V