Emergency Department Technician, PIH Health Downey Hospital; Per diem, 7am - 7pmApply Now Job ID 12476-977 Date posted 07/20/2021
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Facilitates the provision of timely and effective patient care under the supervision of licensed members of the healthcare team. Helps maintain a safe and clean environment in order to enhance department operations. Patient care is delivered consistent with the model and philosophy of relationship based care.
- Written and verbal English communication skill
- Basic organizational skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of infection control
- Able to work using aseptic techniques
- California State Certification as an EMT required.
- Minimal EKG knowledge. Able to set-up and run 12-lead EKG (Hospital willing to train).
- Current BLS Certification
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician I (CPT-I) Certificate preferred
- Acute general hospital experience either as an employee or student preferred.
- Basic windows and mouse skills preferred.
- Non-violent crisis intervention training annually.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V