Engineer/HVAC Technician - Maintenance - PIH Health Hospital - Downey, Per-Diem, VariableApply Now Job ID 13083-977 Date posted 09/13/2021
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
These positions responsible for the proper and continued operation and maintenance of all building mechanical systems necessary to maintain a safe and satisfactory working environment that will sustain and preserver assets. Tasks of performing PM work on equipment, proactively identifying and problem solving. Operate, maintain, and perform repairs on assigned HVAC equipment and controls, chilled water systems, boilers, refrigeration equipment and various other mechanical, electrical and building systems to ensure optimal performance.
- HVAC control systems service and repair experience.
- Experience in servicing and maintaining of a wide variety of HVAC Control
systems and air systems.
- Good record keeping skills, dependability, and good physical condition.
- Good judgment, common sense, honest, reliable, ability to work with little or no direct supervision.
- Identify potential problems during shift rounds, develop corrective actions, and provide adequate follow through.
- High School Diploma
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience with Hospital/commercial HVAC equipment and systems
- Demonstrate competence in HVAC repair and maintenance
- Prior experience in a Hospital environment
- HVAC Technician Certification EPA Clean Air Section 6o8
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V