FOOD AND NUTRITION SERVICES SUPERVISOR (DOWNEY); FULL TIME, DAYSApply Now Job ID 7244-977 Date posted 03/08/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Responsible for the supervision of personnel in all aspects of foodservice (receiving, storage, food preparation, serving and sanitation. Reports to the Manager, Food and Nutritional Services (FANS) and functions as a liaison/communicator between the staff and the manager. Ensures that HACCP is utilized at all times, that equipment is maintained properly and in optimal working condition at all times, assists with or prepares employee work schedules, assists with training, and cleanliness of kitchen/cafeteria. Evaluates employees and conducts in-service education as well as orientation for new employees. Assists with cash handling; gives change to cashiers as needed and performs safe audits per policy. May be asked to do other tasks associated with food service as the need arises such as covering open positions and covering for Manager, FANS when absent.
- Extensive knowledge of food hospitality and nutritional services in a hospital setting (Title 22, DNV, JC, etc.)
- Proven interpersonal skills to foster team building.
- Good judgment and reliability. Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, attentive to detail and maintain a positive attitude.
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work.
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians or others in a professional manner.
- Minimum three years operations experience at the managerial/supervisory level.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A.A. degree in Food Service Management or related field desirable. Completion of approved Dietetic Services Supervisor Program.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V