HUMAN RESOURCES (HR) ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (OD) CONSULTANT - PIH HEALTH DOWNEY HOSPITAL - ON-SITE - FULL-TIME - EXEMPTApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Good Samaritan Location Downey, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 15678-977 Date posted 04/08/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services.
The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Reporting to the Systems Director, Engagement, the Organizational Development (OD) Consultant functions as an internal consultant and provides a large range of skills to align organizational culture with PIH Health’s vision and strategy including employee engagement, retention, change management, coaching, organizational assessment and culture. The OD Consultant evaluates people systems, structures and culture in order to identify gaps, recommend solutions, deliver services and manage organization-wide projects that support the overall mission, vision and values of PIH Health.
- Working knowledge of employee engagement methodologies and employee retention, specifically in a healthcare setting.
- Change management skills
- Proficient oral and written communication and interpersonal, customer service, time management, and project management skills
- Assess development needs of the hospital and/or business unit
- Facilitate design, development and implementation of programs, policies and strategies tailored to meet organizational needs and goals
- Support the design and implement organizational structures and operating models that elevate employee and organizational effectiveness
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to think strategically
- Comfortable managing difficult situations, showing a high level of professional maturity, resiliency and adaptability
- Ability to make formal presentations on a variety of related leadership/human resources topics, ability to influence leaders and establish collaborative partnerships;
- Strategic planning and operational implementation skills, ability to effectively manage dynamic projects with multiple priorities;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint, employee data management systems and able to learn new software programs
- 5 years or more of professional experience in manager training, organizational development, employee engagement, human resources development and/or consulting experience. Preferably within the healthcare industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resource management, organizational development, organizational psychology, related field required or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of employee engagement and employee retention. Experience with Great Places to Work ® or Gallup Q12 referred.
- Advanced degree (MS or higher) in OD, organizational psychology, related field preferred.
- MBTI Type II or DiSC certification
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V