INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY REGISTERED NURSE (RN) SUPERVISOR DOWNEY; FULL TIME, DAYS (**FOR INTERNAL EMPLOYEES ONLY)Apply Now Job ID 7595-977 Date posted 05/14/2019
Provides direct patient care and supervision duties in Interventional Radiology. The primary nursing responsibilities include assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation and evaluation. Standards of professional performance required include ethics, education/competency, quality practice, effective communication, leadership skills, collaboration, and evidence-based practice/research utilization. Supervision duties include, assessment of patient and staff needs, coordination of care delivery and patient flow, and serve as role model and resource. Identifies safety concerns and institutes measures to provide a safe environment for patient and staff.
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
- Leadership abilities
- Knowledgeable in legal aspects of nursing
- Competent in 12-lead EKG and arrhythmia recognition
- Competent in conscious sedation
- Written and verbal communications, interpersonal competence, negotiation and confrontation skillsOrganizational, prioritizing, and time management skills
- Basic computer skills
- Clinical education related to specialty
- Principles of patient/family teaching
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the use of healthcare technology within specialty area.
- Commitment to customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and colleagues.
- Current California RN license
- Current Basic Life Support certification
- Current ACLS certification
- BSN or concurrent enrollment in BSN program
- 4 years Interventional Radiology experience
- Clinical certifications for applicable units, i.e. CCRN
- Two years prior experience in an acute care facility
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V