LVN BREAK RELIEF - PIH HEALTH HOSPITAL - DOWNEY; FLOAT POOL, PART TIME, 8AM-6:30PMApply Now Job ID 10485-977 Date posted 10/16/2020
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services.
The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Provides direct patient care under the direction/supervision of a registered nurse. Practices within the legal boundaries for licensed vocational nursing and accepts responsibility of individual nursing actions, competence, decisions and behavior in the course of vocational nursing practice.
- Written and verbal communications, interpersonal skills.
- Basic organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated team member abilities.
- Clinical education related to specialty.
- Principles of patient/family teaching.
- With consideration to age, employee utilizes the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological, educational, and environmental needs of the patient/significant others when administering care.
- Current California LVN license
- Evidence of continuing education
- Prior experience in an acute care facility in Medical/Surgical, as appropriate for clinical specialty.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Card.
- Intravenous Certification
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V