MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN, PIH HEALTH DOWNEY, PART TIME VARIABLE SHIFTApply Now Job ID 11686-977 Date posted 04/05/2021
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) performs waived and moderately complex testing, with the exception of moderately complex microscopy or immunohematology. The MLT will work under the oversight of a Licensed CLS while performing duties.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of laboratory operations.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to work independently, exercises sound judgment and is organized.
- Ability to motivate and objectively work with all types of people.
- Ability to prioritize workload and delegate effectively.
- Must be highly self-motivated and possess good conceptual skills.
- Associates Degree or 60 semester or equivalent quarter units in chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science with specific course requirements
- Must Possess a valid California Medical Laboratory (MLT) license
- Knowledge of waived and moderately complex testing as authorized by CDPH-LFS, California Code of Regulations (CCR) Title 17, Section 1032.5 and California Business and Professions Code (BPC) Section 1260.3.
- 1-2 years hospital experience as a MLT