Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Obstetrics and Gynecology PhysicianApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital Location Downey, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 19485-977 Date posted 05/15/2023
At PIH Health, we provide cutting edge compassionate care. We have a talented team who is proud to be making a positive impact on the lives of our patients each and every day. We are growing fast and looking to have enthusiastic Obstetrics and Gynecology Physician to join our team.
The Obstetrician/Gynecologist coordinates a course of treatment for Women’s Health Care before, during and after childbearing years, diagnosing and treating conditions of the reproductive system and associated disorders while working with an inter-disciplinary team of medical assistants, nurses, physician assistants, dieticians, surgeons, pathologists and pharmacists. The Obstetrics and Gynecology Physician will act as an expert in Women’s Health Care disease management and prevention.
- Must have the ability to be self-directive and to demonstrate initiative in addressing the responsibilities of the position
- Must have the ability to utilize appropriate problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Must be energetic and quality driven and have a proven ability to be a productive member of a team dedicated to providing optimal patient care
- Personal qualities such as punctuality, confidentiality, responsibility, good time management, and ability to follow verbal and written orders.
- Organized, dependable, flexible, and tactful, with a positive professional appearance and attitude.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Principle Clinical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated expertise in women’s health care across the lifespan: assessment, intervention and patient care management. Knowledgeable regarding an Obstetrics/Gynecologist scope of practice.
- Health education, prevention, diagnoses and treatment of acute and chronic gynecologic issues.
- Contraceptive Care
- Provide comprehensive care before, during and after pregnancy.
- Effectively communicate and provide care regarding menopause.
- Experience performing and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Demonstrated experience with laborist work, low & high risk obstetrics
- Fellow or certification from The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG).
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal and conflict resolution abilities.
- Independent performer.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required by the department/division
- Current California Medical license
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School
- Graduate form an accredited Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency program
- Graduate from an accredited Obstetrics and Gynecology Fellowship program
- Two to three (2-3) years previous OB/GYN Labor and Delivery experience required
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements
- Board certified or board eligible from The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABO+G)
WHY PIH HEALTH?
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with three hospitals, 93 outpatient medical offices, six Urgent Care Centers, with over 400 employed physician and mid-level providers in our medical foundation and more than 7,500 compassionate & valued employees. Ranked one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals.
Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values.
11500 Brookshire Ave.