Patient Registration Representative I, PIH Health Downey Hosptial; Admitting, On Call, 3pm-11:30pmApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Downey, California Job Type PRN Job ID 16201-977 Date posted 05/20/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services.
Enables patients to secure access to care at PIH Health facilities by performing all tasks related to registration and pre-registration of outpatient and inpatient accounts. Calculates and secures patient liability, including copayments, coinsurance and deductibles in an efficient, accurate and hospitable manner to ensure that the patient, physician and hospital’s needs are met.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with staff, patients, guarantors, insurance companies, and physicians.
- Demonstrated attention to detail; Good English speaking, spelling, reading and Mathematical skills required
- Demonstrate ability to learn quickly, and follow directions as outlined in policies or given by Supervisor
- Strong Computer skills and Knowledge in Word, Excel and ability to maneuver through multiple screens in a timely manner
- 1+ year of medical office /hospital/medical billing work experience preferred
- Medical terminology knowledge strongly preferred
- Insurance knowledge required
- Ability to multi-task in a fast and high pressured environment
- Stringent adherence to all HIPAA laws
- Strong typing skills 45 and up wpm is required
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving. The ability to act and decide accordingly.
- Excellent Customer service and phone skills with a background in the medical industry
- Ability to travel to off-site locations (Outpatient only)
- One year experience in a high volume healthcare facility or medical office setting with strong computer and customer service experience required
- High school graduate required or equivalent, evidence of continuing education preferred.
- Medical terminology strongly preferred
- Insurance and billing experience strongly required
- Drivers License; ability to travel to off-site locations (Outpatient only)
- Bilingual Spanish or Chinese (Mandarin) preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V