REGISTERED NURSE (RN) ASSISTANT CLINICAL DIRECTOR (DOWNEY) EMERGENCY; FULL TIME, 3PM - 11PMApply Now Job ID 7808-977 Date posted 06/25/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Provides leadership for staff and accountability for assigned department operations. In conjunction with the unit leadership, works to improve the quality of patient care, strengthens the financial performance of the department, and improve patient, physician, and employee satisfaction. Serves as a role model and provides clinical expertise, leadership, and education to the department. Demonstrates effective skills in communication, advocacy, promoting a shared vision and understating of adult learning principles. Identifies safety concerns and institutes corrective measures to provide a safe environment for patient and staff.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal competence, negotiation and confrontation skills.
- Basic computer skills
- Organizational, prioritizing, and time management skills
- Clinical education and practice related to specialty
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the use of healthcare technology within specialty area.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and colleagues.
- Current California RN license
- Current Basic Life Support certification
- Current Advanced Life Support
- Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course or Equivalent 2-day Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics
- NIHHS Stroke Certification
- BSN or higher
- Two years clinical specialty experience in an acute care facility
- Clinical certifications preferred for applicable units, i.e. CEN, TNCC
- Previous leadership and or education experience preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V