REGISTERED NURSE (RN) ASSISTANT CLINICAL DIRECTOR (DOWNEY) - ICU/CCUApply Now Job ID 9451-977 Date posted 07/23/2020
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Provides leadership for staff and accountability for assigned operations. In conjunction with the unit leadership, works to improve the quality of patient care, strengthens the financial performance of the department, and improve patient, physician, and employee satisfaction. Serves as a role model and provides clinical expertise to the department. Demonstrates effective skills in communication, advocacy, and promoting a shared vision. Identifies safety concerns and institutes measures to provide a safe environment for patient and staff.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal competence, negotiation and confrontation skills.
- Basic computer skills
- Organizational, prioritizing, and time management skills
- Clinical education related to specialty
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the use of healthcare technology within specialty area.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and colleagues.
- Current California RN license
- Current CPR certification
- BSN or currently enrolled in BSN program
- Two years clinical experience in an acute care facility
- Clinical certifications preferred for applicable units, i.e. ACLS, NRP, PALS, etc.
- Previous Management experience preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V