REGISTERED NURSE (RN) BREAK RELIEF; PIH HEALTH HOSPITAL - DOWNEY; FLOAT POOL, FULL TIME, NIGHTSApply Now Job ID 10247-977 Date posted 09/15/2020
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services.
The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Provides direct nursing care including: assessment, plan of care, education, and evaluation for assigned patients. Performs patient duties necessary to maintain the flow of patient care as well as coordinates the delivery of care provided by other care team members and disciplines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Highly organized.
- Basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Ability to effectively manage time.
- Comfortable working independently.
- Rapid physical assessment skills.
- Current California RN license
- Current Basic Life Support Card
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Card
- Current Basic Arrhythmia certification
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an acute care setting
- Current NIHSS certification
- Ventilator Management training
- Care of Post Cardiac Catheterization
- Post op CABG care
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V