REGISTERED NURSE (RN) CASE MANAGER - ED (DOWNEY); PER DIEM, VARIABLE SHIFTApply Now Job ID 6944-977 Date posted 01/23/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Case Manager-ED will manage the continuum of care for the ED patient population and responsible for following patients through ED stay to admission/transfer/discharge. This position works with physicians, patients, families, primary care nurses, and third party payors to create and maintain quality care and fiscal responsibility. Assures that patients and families proceed efficiently throughout their ED course, providing community resources and referrals when appropriate and/or requested. The focus of this position is the appropriate utilization of hospital services, maximizing reimbursement from all third party payers, and education of medical/hospital staff about healthcare options.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology and current third party payer reimbursement methodologies
- Sound decision making and prioritization skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers, hospital intranet and software programs
- California RN license
- Minimum two (2) years of acute care hospital nursing experience
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree
- Accredited Case Manager (ACM) certification
- Previous experience in case management and/or ED nursing
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V