Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager, part time, daysApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Downey Hospital Location Downey, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 18514-977 Date posted 01/25/2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3.7 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 35 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services.
The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is also certified as a Great Place to Work®. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The RN Case Manager manages a continuum of care from pre-admission through post-discharge for assigned patients. Assure that patients and families proceed efficiently throughout the course of hospitalization. Focus of the position is the appropriate utilization of hospital services, maximizing reimbursement from all third party payors, and education of medical/hospital staff about healthcare options.
- Broad knowledge of disease process, pathophysiology and treatment plan
- Strong assessment skills with high-developed critical thinking skills and analysis abilities
- Good understanding of psychosocial and cognitive assessment
- Familiarity with discharge planning process and care options
- Maintain an active California RN license.
- Computer proficiency.
- Minimum of 3 years acute hospital clinical nursing experience.
- Previous experience in case management preferred.
- Organizational abilities and familiarity with medical assessment. Understands treatment plans and healthcare delivery system.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V