The Radiology RN is responsible and accountable for the care of patients in the Radiology Department during interventional and diagnostic procedures. In addition, the RN will collaborate with the Radiologists, ordering physicians, and staff Nurses to determine the most appropriate care of the patient. The Radiology RN performs patient care duties necessary to maintain the flow of patient care as well as coordinate the delivery of care provided by other health care team members. The Radiology RN will be responsible and accountable for the universal protocol/time out process in radiology procedures, when applicable. The Radiology RN is also responsible for mentoring Radiology Technologists in IV starts for contrast injections. The Radiology RN is responsible and accountable for providing placement of PICC’s and midline catheters within the inpatient and outpatient hospital setting. In addition, the RN will collaborate with nursing and medical staff to determine the most appropriate candidates for PICC, midline insertions, and ultrasound PIV. The Radiology RN will provide support to the Radiology Department in regards to patient assessment, IV lines, oxygen care, crash cart review/sign-off, and restraints.
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3.7 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 35 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology.
- Competent in conscious sedation
- Knowledgeable in legal aspects of nursing
- Advanced patient care and assessment skills
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent guest relations skills
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current California RN license
- Current BCLS, ACLS certification
- EKG and arrhythmia management skills
- Excellent organizational skills, works independently, good communication skills.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Nursing
- At least 1-year experience in Interventional Radiology procedures
- At least 1-year experience in Critical Care or Emergency Services
- Experience with moderate IV sedation
- Completion of an approved PICC and ultrasound course and experience in PICC placement.
11500 Brookshire Ave.Salary