Registered Nurse (RN) Invasive Services, PIH Health Hospital - Downey, Per diem, variable shiftApply Now Job ID 12065-977 Date posted 06/08/2021
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Radiology RN is responsible and accountable for the care of patients in the Radiology Department during interventional and diagnostic procedures. In addition, the RN will collaborate with the Radiologists, ordering physicians, and staff RN’s to determine the most appropriate care of the patient. The Radiology RN performs patient care duties necessary to maintain the flow of patient care as well as coordinate the delivery of care provided by other health care team members. The Radiology RN will be responsible and accountable for the universal protocol / time out process in radiology procedures, when applicable. The Radiology RN is also responsible for mentoring Radiology Technologists in IV starts for contrast injections. The Radiology RN is responsible and accountable for providing placement of PICC’s and midline catheters within the inpatient and outpatient hospital setting. In addition, the RN will collaborate with nursing and medical staff to determine the most appropriate candidates for PICC and midline insertions. The Radiology RN will provide support to the Radiology Department in regards to patient assessment, IV lines, oxygen care, crash cart review/sign-off, and restraints.
- Competent in conscious sedation
- Knowledgeable in legal aspects of nursing
- Advanced patient care and assessment skills
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent guest relations skills
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current California RN license
- Current BCLS, ACLS certification
- EKG and arrhythmia management skills
- Excellent organizational skills, works independently, good communication skills
- Bachelors of Science degree in Nursing
- At least 1 year experience in Interventional Radiology procedures
- At least 1 year experience in Critical Care or Emergency Services
- Experience with moderate IV sedation
- Completion of an approved PICC and ultrasound course and experience in PICC placement
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V