REGISTERED NURSE (RN) STROKE COORDINATOR - (DOWNEY); EMERGENCY, FULL TIME, DAYSApply Now Job ID 7804-977 Date posted 06/24/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Under the supervision of the Stroke Program Director – this position is responsible for the coordination of clinical, educational, planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the stroke program. The RN Stroke Coordinator serves as a clinical resource person for all areas caring for stroke patients. Provides and/or coordinates educational activities for both staff and patients. Position requires knowledge in performance improvement and clinical outcomes related to care of stroke patient. Assist with clinical research, development and application of evidenced base nursing practice for high risk disease patient populations. Responsible for assisting coordination of Joint Commission Disease Specific Certification accreditation, daily rounding on stroke related diagnosis to ensure compliance with clinical outcome indicators.
- Analytical skills, knowledge of Joint Commission Disease Specific Certification and Center for Medicare and Medicaid requirements.
- Effective written/oral communications.
- Problem-solving skills and organization skills.
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement tools, Plan Do Check Act performance improvement methodology and techniques.
- Personal computer skills and knowledge of applicable software programs.
- Current California Registered Nurse license.
- BSN degree,
- Minimum five years’ experience in acute care setting.
- Computer literacy.
- MSN with emphasis in acute care
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V