RN, MEDICAL PRACTICE MANAGER, PHP. HEMATOLOGY/ONCOLOGY, DOWNEY, FULL TIME, DAYSApply Now Job ID 9191-977 Date posted 03/17/2020
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The RN Medical Practice Manager is responsible for the department’s continuous, effective operation and for the continuous improvement of department activities. Work in concert with the strategic goals of the organization and have an unwavering focus on the customer/patient, a constant emphasis on superior performance and value added strategies, and a steadfast philosophy for the self-directed actions and staff ownership all characterize the qualities needed for this position. Participates in budgeting, and growth and development efforts as required. This is a management position.
- Demonstrates leadership and organizational skills as well as competence in follow-through.
- Ability to develop outpatient unit policies and procedures to meet all regulatory (both internal and external) guidelines.
- Is independent and self-directed.
- Possesses effective proactive interpersonal problem-solving as well as written/verbal communication skills.
- Encourages creativity and innovation in the development of office staff personnel to better meet patient needs.
- Is a skilled negotiator with the ability to promote effective collaboration between departments and Medical Staff.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles with the ability to teach and to develop an effective patient education program.
- Ability to promote operational efficiency and a safe and harmonious working environment.
- Able to provide community education to the public.
- Current California RN license
- BSN preferred
- Five (5) years of clinical nursing experience with a focus on program implementation.
- At least three (3) years in a supervisory role in an outpatient clinical setting preferred.
- Supervisory/management experience in an ambulatory clinic setting is highly preferred.
- Lean training or process improvement training/certification preferred.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V