Social Worker (MSW); PIH Health Downey Hospital; Care Management, Per diem; daysApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Downey Hospital Location Downey, California Job Type PRN Job ID 15113-977 Date posted 03/01/2022
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The MSW interviews and evaluates patients and family members to identify social, emotional and economic factors which may interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care; develops and implements a social work treatment plan to be offered to patients and family; selects and utilizes community resources as part of the treatment plan; makes referrals to and coordinates with other professional disciplines or agencies; provides psycho-social therapy using a variety of treatment methods; participates in multidisciplinary health team conferences to formulate the overall patient care plans by interpreting to the team the psycho-social aspects of the patient’s illness; assists in the coordination of the discharge plan.
- Demonstrated skill in patient assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Strong communication skills, verbal, non-verbal, written and oral.
- Familiarity with regulatory agency requirements, policies and protocols.
- Master’s Degree from an Accredited School of Social Work.
- Registered as an Associate Clinical Social Worker issued by the California Board of Behavioral Science
- Evidence of continuing education
- Prior experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements related to reporting of child/elder abuse, substance use/abuse, child protective custody, adoptions, and other legal requirements.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V