SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST, DOWNEY; PER DIEM, DAYSApply Now Job ID 9071-977 Date posted 02/25/2020
Are you a seasoned Speech Language Professional with the passion and experience to make a difference with one of the nation's top hospital systems for best practices and cutting-edge advancements in quality and healthcare technology? Consider this extraordinary opportunity to practice at PIH Health, Downey.
- PIH Health is a nonprofit health and wellness network serving Los Angeles and Orange Counties. Our integrated system consists of 747 beds at two acute care hospitals and a multi-specialty medical group.
- Strong community reputation
- 2014, 2015 Favorite Workplace
- Innovative, transparent, family-like culture
About the Opportunity:
- Perform evaluations and treatments to inpatients in acute setting.
- Working primarily with dysphagia, aphasia, small number or tracheostomy patients
- Perform video fluoroscopic evals with radiologist
- Collaborative supportive team including, manager, supervisor and fellow SLP staff. Also, very supportive nursing and ancillary departments
- With so much growth it's a perfect time to join us and build and create your specialty.
- Treat patients in your own private office
- Report to a manager with an open door, one that allows for independence, flexible, respectful and willing to listen and learn
- Experience in the evaluation and treatment of children adolescents, adults, and elderly with a variety of diagnoses.
- Experience in evaluation and treatment of cognitive impairments, neurological disorders and voice disorders.
- With consideration to age, employee utilizes the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological, educational, and environmental needs of the patient/significant others when administering care.
- Masters degree or equivalency in Speech/Language Pathology from an accredited education program.
- Current state license as a Speech/Language Pathologist by the State of California Board of Medical Examiners
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from American Speech/Language and Hearing Association (ASHA)
- A minimum of one year of experience is preferred
- Basic Windows and mouse skills preferred
- American Heart Association CPR (BLS) certification required
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V