Staffing Coordinator, PIH Health Downey Hospital; Float Pool, Full time, 7am - 7pmApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Downey Hospital Location Downey, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 16475 - 977 Date posted 06/21/2022
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Under the direction of the Staffing Office Manager, this position works independently in conjunction with the Hospital Manager/Supervisor on duty to ensure adequate direct patient care staffing for inpatient areas of centralized and decentralized units. The Staffing Coordinator reviews future scheduling, no less than 24 hours in advance and works with the Hospital Manager/Supervisor, and Nursing Manager of specific units, if a unit is drastically under or over staffed. In addition to staffing, the Staffing Coordinator tracks nursing care hours, staffing records, sick calls, participates in decedent affairs and registry tracking.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic phone skills, with good etiquette
- Good organizational skills
- Good computer skills; able to navigate in Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology, or complete a medical terminology course within six months of hire
- 1 year previous experience in an acute hospital or medical setting, or in a clerical setting
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand Spanish
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V