Dispensing OpticianApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians (PHP) Location La Habra, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 19577-977 Date posted 05/26/2023
The Dispensing Optician provides expert professional optical care; assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the eye care needs of the patients, following prescriptions written by the ophthalmologist or optometrist; utilizes knowledge of basic eye care principles, practices, ethics, and concepts; participates in the organization and management of the practitioner’s practice; maintains positive relationships with patients, family members and other visitors, and fellow employees.
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 37 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control and safety.
- With consideration of age, occupation, facial characteristics & prescription, make recommendations on frames, lenses and coatings when administering optical service and care to patients
- Accuracy in maintaining medical records.
- Strong computer skills.
- Honest, dependable, and conscientious.
- Management skills that emphasize mentoring, training and team
- Formal training will be indicated by a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Diploma in Optical Dispensing or Work experience for a minimum of two years in Lieu of Diploma.
- In addition, A.B.O.C. certification from the American Board of Opticianry is highly preferred.
- The certification must be current.
- Minimum two years of experience working under an optometrist or ophthalmologist is required.
121 W. Whittier Blvd., # 100