Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Referral RepresentativeApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians (PHP) Location La Habra, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 18914-977 Date posted 03/14/2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Referral Representative works under general supervision and is responsible for processing all outside referrals including Workers Compensation, HMO, and PPO, maintaining accurate records, and notifying all concerned parties about the outcome. As Check-Out Receptionist also, the Representative works under general supervision to perform various front office duties in the medical office setting to ensure efficient operations, as well as, prepare/complete various charge documents prior to forwarding to Business Services; maintains positive relationships with patients, family members, visitors, and employees.
- Knowledge of computer keyboard and 10 key touch, ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Knowledge of computerized practice management systems and other computerized systems (Microsoft office programs and electronic health records systems).
- Demonstrates excellent telephone management skills.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 CM and CPT coding systems.
- Superb organizational & prioritization skills.
- Ability to meet crucial time parameters as it relates to patient care.
- Ability to independently identify and solve problems.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent customer and interpersonal skills; strong liaison skills.
- Demonstrates strong compassion for the specific patient population.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the patient, practitioners and department.
- Demonstrates outstanding communication skills, bilingual in Spanish or Chinese helpful.
Formal training will be indicated by a high school diploma or equivalent; at least 2 years of experience in a office or hospital setting; previous experience with ICD-10 & CPT coding systems; medical terminology; thorough knowledge of frequently ordered diagnostic tests preferred; ability to maintain composure & balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V