REGISTERED NURSE, HOSPICE HOUSE, WHITTIER, FULL TIME, 3PM-11:30PMApply Now Job ID 7832-977 Date posted 07/02/2019
PIH Health is a nonprofit regional healthcare delivery network founded over 50 years ago. Our two campuses including a 548-bed facility in Whittier and a 199-bed facility in Downey, help to provide services to approximately 1.5 million residents in Los Angeles, Orange County and the greater San Gabriel Valley.
A Hospice Registered Nurse who under the direction of and in accordance with the IDG plan of care provides skilled hospice care for patients certified as having a terminal illness who have elected the Hospice benefit. The Hospice Registered Nurse also provides supportive care to patients families and/or significant others.
This position is a Full Time position for the 3 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. shift at the PIH Hospice Houses, 2 - 5 bed houses licensed as freestanding Hospice Inpatient Units. The RN works with the LVN and CNA on each shift.
- Compassion and empathy coupled with clinical knowledge to assist patients with terminal care needs
- Computer knowledge and abilities.
- Knowledge and ability to apply the nursing process in order to develop an individualized patient plan of care.
- Cognizant of standards and practices for California State Hospice licensure, and federal CoPs.
- Current California RN license.
- Current CPR card.
- Medicare Certified Hospice experience preferred.
- BSN, PHN preferred
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a professional nurse.
- Experience with an EMR system preferred.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V