DEVICE TECH, Outpatient Clinic, PHP Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, 8am to 5pm, Full timeApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Location Los Angeles, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 15646-977 Date posted 04/06/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services.
The Electrophysiology Device Tech works with the Cardiologists to provide monitoring and programming for device patients. Responsible for the evaluation and optimization in programming for all device patients, including pacemakers, implantable cardioverter defibrillators, and cardiac resynchronization devices. Responsible for remote monitoring of all device patients via the Internet. Assist in training staff and practitioners as needed in the device clinic. Responsible for the on-going management and evaluation of inpatients with devices.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment which may include a considerable amount of walking, and physical assistance for patients.
- Strong verbal and written skills; fluent in English.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control and safety. Adaptability and accuracy.
- Must have good visual acuity and motor coordination.
- Strong computer skills (data entry and typing).
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR) computerized practice management and other record keeping systems.
- Skills involving checking Battery Status, confirm appropriate sensing, check lead impedances, measure lead thresholds, assessing appropriate magnet rate for implanted pacemaker/AICD.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year of Device Tech experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V