Human Resources Employee Relations Generalist, PIH Health Good Samaritan, Los Angeles, Full Time, DaysApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Good Samaritan Location Los Angeles, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 16409 - 977 Date posted 06/14/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services.
The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Responsible for having broad knowledge of HR functions operating at the professional level within the Human Resources Department. Performs general aspects of HR function within the employee relations area which includes but not limited to leave of absence administration, performance management, compliance, HRIS/reports, union relations, and compensation. Responsible for a wide range of HR tasks while demonstrating excellent communication skills while working with employees, colleagues and others in the work environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written & spoken) as required for job related communication throughout the organization.
- Trustworthy, discrete and a high degree of personal integrity to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, balance multiple projects and processes and adhere to strict deadlines
- Able to take initiative and provide appropriate follow up.
- Flexible, open to change and accepting of new unique projects or responsibilities.
- Flexibility to work different shifts as needed.
- Ability to travel locally as required (minimal).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or related field.
- Minimum (3) years of experience performing direct activities involving Labor Relations; specifically addressing grievances, adhering and administrating specifications listed in the CBA, and collaborating with managers on collective bargaining strategies, goals, and/or objectives.
- 3-5 years’ professional level experience in HR serving 500+ employees.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources including considerable knowledge in leave of absence administration, employee relations and federal and state labor and employment laws and regulations.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Payroll and HRIS systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- LA City Fire Card within 6 months of employment (Good Samaritan Hospital Only)
- Expertise in additional areas of HR, including performance management, prevention and safety, compensation, employment, recruitment, and benefits, or a similar combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience with Oracle
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V