Instrument Room Technician, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital Los Angeles, Full Time, 10p - 6:30a (flexible)Apply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Good Samaritan Location Los Angeles, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 16173-977 Date posted 05/17/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Works independently, performing all tasks related to the reprocessing and sterilization of surgical instruments. These tasks include maintenance, decontamination, prepping, sterilization and proper handling and storage
- 1. Ability to read and write in the English language.
- 2. Ability to communicate effectively and document information accurately.
- 3. Good Organizational and interpersonal skills.
- 4. Knowledge of medical terminology.
- 5. Advanced Computer skills.
- 6. Demonstrate excellent customer service behavior.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- LA City fire card within 6 months of employment
- One (1) year of experience in acute health care
- IAHCSMM (International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management) certification preferred
- Previous experience in sterile processing preferred
- Knowledge of surgical instruments and their use
- Knowledge of supplies and equipment used during sterile processing
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V