Licensed Vocational Nurse, Acute Rehabilitation Unit 6-North, Full Time, Days (12 hr shift - Break Relief)Apply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital Location Los Angeles, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 21396-977 Date posted 01/30/2024
Provides direct patient care under the direction/supervision of a registered nurse. Provides treatments, procedures and clerical duties as defined and within the legal boundaries of the Licensed Vocational Nurse Scope of Practice and accepts responsibility for individual nursing actions, competence, decisions and behavior in the course of vocational nursing practice.
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 37 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Written and verbal communications, interpersonal skills.
- Basic organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated team member abilities.
- Clinical education related to specialty.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Principles of patient/family teaching.
- Ability to listen and follow directions.
- Current California LVN license
- Intravenous and Blood Withdrawal Certification
- BLS from the American Heart Association
- LA City Fire card within 6 months of employment (PHGSH only)
- Evidence of continuing education
- Prior experience in an acute care facility or formal classroom education in Medical/Surgical as appropriate for clinical specialty.
1225 Wilshire Boulevard