Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Emergency Department, Los Angeles, Full Time, NightsApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital Location Los Angeles, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 17735-977 Date posted 04/13/2023
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) provides safe and therapeutic care to a group of patients.
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 37 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Written and verbal communications, interpersonal skills.
- Basic organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated team member abilities.
- Clinical education related to specialty.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Principles of patient/family teaching.
- Ability to listen and follow directions
- Current California LVN license
- Intravenous and Blood Withdrawal Certification
- BLS from the American Heart Association
- ACLS & PALS from the American Heart Association
- Non-Violent Crisis Prevention (VIP) within 3 months of employment
- LA City Fire card within 6 months of employment
- Evidence of continuing education
- Prior experience in Emergency Department preferred
1225 Wilshire Boulevard