Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Medical Staff Manager, Medical Staff, Full Time, DaysApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital Location Los Angeles, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 18040-977 Date posted 01/17/2023
Manages the Medical Staff Services department to assure that the medical staff functions are coordinated and fulfilled. Serves as an essential link between Senior Management and the Medical Staff to promote and enhance good communications and a positive working relationships. Responsible for establishing, contributing, and maintaining continuity in the planning, development, and implementation of standards applicable to Medical Staff members relating to credentialing, reappointment, peer review, quality, and administrative functions.
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3.7 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 35 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Effective written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of medical staff best practices, credentialing and reappointment requirements, and Medical Staff Bylaws/Rules and Regulations, and accrediting/regulatory requirements.
- Strong knowledge of applicable software programs and personal computer skills.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in health services or similarly related field with two (5) years managerial experience in medical staff services OR ten (10) years of medical staff experience with at least two (2) years of managerial experience in medical staff services.
- Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM)
- Must obtain LA City Fire Card within 6 months of employment