Neurosurgery NP/PAApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Medical Group Location Los Angeles, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 15649-977 Date posted 04/06/2022
At PIH Health, we provide cutting edge compassionate care. We have a talented team who is proud to be making a positive impact on the lives of our patients each and every day. We are growing fast and looking to have enthusiastic Neurosurgery NP/PA to join our team.
The Neurosurgery NP/PA will work closely with the supervising physician to perform histories, physical exams, pre and postoperative care, patient education, and discharge. The Neurosurgery Practitioner also will serve as first assistant in surgery, hospital rounding, ED rounding, developing postoperative treatment and discharge plans including but not limited to teaching patient self-care techniques.
- Demonstrated expertise in neurosurgery care: Knowledgeable regarding Nurse Practitioner/PA scope of practice.
- Able to communicate effectively to patients and families, staff, and peers
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal and conflict resolution abilities.
- Independent performer.
- Current California Nurse Practitioner or PA License
- Graduate from an accredited Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant program
- One to three (1-3) years direct patient care clinical experience.
- One to three (1-3) years of neurosurgery assist experience
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements
WHY PIH HEALTH?
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with three hospitals, 93 outpatient medical offices, six Urgent Care Centers, with over 400 employed physician and mid-level providers in our medical foundation and more than 7,500 compassionate & valued employees. Ranked one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals.