Nurse Manager, Med/Surg, PIH Health, Good Samaritan Hospital, Los Angeles, Full Time, DaysApply Now Job ID 9731-977 Date posted 07/22/2020
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
Provides leadership for staff and accountability for assigned operations. In conjunction with the unit leadership, works to improve patient, physician, and employee satisfaction. Serves as a role model and provides clinical expertise to the department. Demonstrates effective skills in communication, advocacy, and promoting a shared vision. Identifies safety concerns and institutes measures to provide a safe environment for patient and staff.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
SPECIFIC SKILLS NEEDED:
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal competence, negotiation and confrontation skills.
- Basic Computer skills
- Organization, prioritizing, and time management skills
- Clinical education related to specialty
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the use of healthcare technology within specialty area.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service and an ability to meet the needs and expectations of patients and colleagues.
- Current California RN license
- Current CPR certification
- BSN or currently enrolled in BSN program
- Two years clinical experience in an acute care facility
- Clinical certifications preferred for applicable units, i.e. ACLS, NRP, PALS, etc.
- previous Management experience preferred.