Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Pharmacy Automation Specialist (Omnicell), Full TimeApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital Location Los Angeles, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 18533-977 Date posted 03/01/2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Pharmacy Automation Specialist will work in conjunction with Pharmacy Management to maintain and support the Automated Dispensing Cabinets (ADCs). Duties include: formulary maintenance, system upgrade/implementation, end-user training, auditing end-user transactions, end-user support (i.e. trouble-shooting, hardware maintenance, etc.), review documentation, and generate reports to meet compliance with accreditation organization, as well as, federal and state regulations. He/she shall assist in implementation of new/modified ADC equipment to meet departmental needs and generate department specific reports for Nursing Management. He/she shall conduct Quality Improvement projects, Performance Improvement projects; provide upgrade education/performance feedback in regards to end-users, and other initiatives as assigned by Pharmacy Management.
- Possess the ability to effectively communicate through verbal/written communications to the medical, nursing, and pharmacy staff.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities in an effective manner identifying and understanding issues, problems, and potential for workflow improvement.
- Possess the ability to manage time to meet project deadlines, follow detailed direction, basic computer skills, and ability to prioritize is required.
- Graduate of an accredited pharmacy technician program recognized by the California State Board of Pharmacy
- Possess a California Pharmacy Technician Licensure in good standing, National certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of hospital experience utilizing an automated dispensing cabinet solution
- Critical thinking and advanced knowledge of Automated Dispensing Cabinets is preferred.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V