Registered Nurse (RN), TelemetryApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital Location Los Angeles, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 17612-977 Date posted 10/16/2022
Responsible for independently utilizing the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients based on policies and procedures. Delivers individualized quality patient care through a coordinated team approach with physicians, staff, other departments and the patient’s family. Complies with the California Nurse Practice Act, Article 2, Section 2725 of the Business and Professions Code.
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3.7 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 35 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Computer skills
- Current California RN License
- BLS from American Heart Association
- ACLS from American Heart Association (Telemetry, CVDOU, ICU, CICU, DOU, AMI, Recovery Room only)
- NIH Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification within 6 months of employment (ICU, CICU & DOU only)
- NIHSS preferred for Telemetry & CVDOU
- PALS from AHA within 6 months of employment (Recovery Room only)
- LA City Fire Card within 6 months of employment (PHGSH only)
- 6-months of experience or acceptance in/completion of a New Grad/Internship program