Stationary Engineer, FT Variable Shift Thu-MonApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital Location Los Angeles, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 20258-977 Date posted 09/07/2023
Under direct supervision of the Plant Operations & Maintenance Manager when performing planning, organizing and coordination, and supervision of minor projects and general corrective and preventive maintenance of equipment and building systems throughout the Hospital campus as directed.
Operates and maintains of electrical generators, stationary boilers, chillers, water management systems and electrical and mechanical equipment throughout the Hospital campus.
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 37 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Good record keeping skills, dependability, good physical condition. Good judgment, common sense, honest, reliable, ability to work with little or no direct supervision.
- Identify potential problems during shift rounds, develop corrective actions, and provide adequate follow through.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Current LA City Steam Engineers Unlimited License
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as Operating Engineer.
- Maintenance and repair experience of major equipment.
- Require a valid California Driver’s License.
- LA City Fire card with-in 6 months of employment
- Hospital experience preferred
- Knowledge of Hazardous materials (HVAC and Boiler Systems)
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
1225 Wilshire Boulevard