Patient Registration Representative I, Per-Diem, Start time 12pm with three weekends/monthApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Location Santa Fe Springs, California Job Type PRN Job ID 16052-977 Date posted 05/10/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Patient Registration Representative I – Front Office works under general supervision performing all tasks related to patient registration including securing and calculating upfront patient liabilities in an efficient hospitable manner. Performs various front office duties in the medical front office setting for proficient operations and patient satisfaction. Works closely with Office Team to trouble-shoot and resolve problems and maintains positive relationships with patients, family members, visitors, and fellow employees.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with staff, patients, guarantors, insurance companies, and physicians
- Demonstrated attention to detail; Good English speaking, spelling, reading and Mathematical skills required
- Demonstrate ability to learn quickly, and follow directions as outlined in policies or given by Supervisor
- Strong Computer skills and Knowledge in Word, Excel and ability to maneuvering through multiple screens in a timely manner
- 1+ year of medical office /hospital/ billing work experience preferred
- Medical terminology knowledge strongly preferred
- Insurance knowledge required
- Ability to multi- task in a fast and high pressured environment
- Stringent adherence to all HIPAA laws
- Strong typing skills 40 and up wpm is required
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving. The ability to act and decide accordingly.
- Excellent Customer service and phone skills with a background in the medical industry
- Formal training will be indicated by a high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience performing registration, hospital billing and/or front office duties in the medical office setting to include telephone management and charge entry experience
- Knowledge of ICD-9 CM and CPT coding systems
- Computer data entry skills
- Ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast-paced situations.
- Insurance and billing experience preferred.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V