Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
PodiatristApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 19170-977 Date posted 05/17/2023
The Podiatrist diagnoses and treats minor and serious injuries or illnesses relating to the lower legs, feet and ankles. As a Podiatrist, you will be responsible for consulting with patients, applying therapeutic treatments, prescribing orthotics and medication and conducting foot or ankle surgeries if necessary. This position is also responsible for advising on foot care and general therapy techniques. The Podiatrist will act as an expert in the diagnosis and preoperative, operative and postoperative treatment of foot injuries and diseases including wound care. You will be working with an inter-disciplinary team of nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, dieticians, hospitalists, radiologists, pathologists and pharmacists.
SPECIFIC SKILLS NEEDED:
- Demonstrated expertise in Podiatric diagnoses: assessment, intervention, and patient care management. Knowledgeable regarding Podiatric scope of practice.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in podiatric injury and care management including fracture care and wound care.
- Experience in the interpretation of radiological exams including x-ray, MRI, CT, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal and conflict resolution abilities.
- Independent performer.
- Current California Medical license
- Graduate form an accredited Podiatric Medicine program.
- Graduate from an accredited Fellowship program (not mandatory)
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements
- Board Certified from the Podiatric Medical Board of California