Urgent Care NP/PAApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Medical Group Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 14415-977 Date posted 04/13/2023
Join one of America’s top 100 hospitals in Southern California
With the sun shining nearly every day, life has more balance. Whether you’re interested in surfing, skiing, hiking, biking, art or culture, it can all be in your backyard.
Full-Time Urgent Care Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Various Locations!
- PIH Health is a nonprofit health and wellness network serving Los Angeles and Orange Counties. Our integrated system consists of 747 beds at two acute care hospitals and a multi-specialty medical group.
- Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics
- Strong community reputation
- Innovative, transparent, family-like, Patients First type of culture
- Collaborative physician leadership team
- Our physicians have access to the most advanced medical technology and treatments available to deliver the high-quality health care patients need.
- CAPG Standards of Excellence Elite Status 4-years in a row.
About the Opportunity:
The Urgent Care Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant functions in an Advanced Practice role as a clinical expert in the office setting. Under the general direction of the medical director, provides general and preventative care, conducts check-ups, treats illnesses, order labs and prescribes medications for children and adults
- Demonstrated expertise in Family Medicine.
- Health education, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illnesses for adults and children
- Provide comprehensive instructions and teaching on disease processes
- Effectively communicate with physicians for follow-up care or referrals
- Knowledgeable regarding all aspects of Family Medicine NP/PA scope of practice.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal and conflict resolution abilities.
- Independent performer.
- Current California Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant license
- Graduate from an accredited Family Medicine NP/PA Master’s Program
- Three to five (3-5) years previous experience in Family Medicine
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements
- Board Certification: Board certified as a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant