Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
AccountantApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians (PHP) Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 18781-977 Date posted 02/27/2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Under the direction of Controller, Finance Manager, and Accounting Supervisor, perform various accounting functions with respect to general ledger accounting (including full-charge bookkeeping for physician medical groups), prepare financial statements analyses and assist in the preparation of schedules, statistical studies and financial statement highlights.
- The ability to review, correct and discuss financial matters with supervisors.
- Prepare written reports, calculate and interpret financial data and analyze economic trends and conditions.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent problem- solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage/meet multiple deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel spreadsheet skills, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic, professional attitude, and
attention to detail.
- Bachelor degree in business with a major in accounting/finance, preferred.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in degree related courses.
- 1-2 years hospital/healthcare accounting experience desired, but not necessary.
- Experience with SAGE accounting software and ADP payroll processing desired, but not necessary.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V