ADMINISTRATIVE DIRECTOR, MANAGED CARE, PHP, WHITTIERApply Now Job ID 7352-977 Date posted 03/28/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Administrative Director of Managed Care is a seasoned, strategic and process minded leader. Directs and oversees the daily operations of the IPA, as well as, all functions related to managed care contracting, utilization management, quality management, network management and claims. Participates in the strategic planning process and works closely with the VP Managed Care Operations . Establishes and executes initiatives leading to growth, financial performance and provider relations.
- Strong working knowledge of current ambulatory healthcare industry, as well as, managed care experience working with Department of Managed Care.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, capable of earning respect, confidence and credibility of peers and team members.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to make presentations to various groups of the organization(s) including presentations to multiple Board of Directors.
- Well organized and able to multi-task.
- Critical thinker who demonstrates problem solving skills for complex real world scenarios
- Understands, in detail, the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly metrics of the MSO and is able to make adjustments to hit predefined goals/objectives
- Strong understanding of computer systems that support the operations of the IPA
- Ability to build strong relationships with the health plans and the DMHC
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; ideally with and MBA or MHA
- IPA and managed care experience
- Excellent people skills with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Strong operational experience; ideally in a senior role in an integrated delivery system organization
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V