ADMINISTRATIVE DIRECTOR OF ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT AND INSURANCE SERVICES: FULL-TIMEApply Now Job ID 7475-977 Date posted 04/22/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
This Senior Level position is responsible for PIH Health’s Enterprise Risk Management Department and Program. This includes oversight of PIH Health’s Enterprise Risk Management staff (consisting of two hospital Directors of Risk Management, Director of Ambulatory Risk Management, Risk Management Coordinator, and Safety Officer), insurance brokerage relationship, actuarial relationship, professional and general liability third party administrator arrangement and stewardship, claims management oversight, managing and analyzing risk management data, developing and maintaining pertinent scorecards/dashboards and predictive analytical tools and annual budgets, conducting risk management educational programs, and complying with risk management related standards by affiliated accrediting bodies and other regulatory agencies, all with the objective of controlling and minimizing financial, property, and tangible asset losses for the organization.
Operational oversite of PIH Health’s insurance program. This includes issuing insurance policies, preparing the annual budget, utilizing the CAPTUS program for physician rating and roster management, coordinating captive insurance Board of Director meetings, collaborating with brokers and underwriters on insurance and risk financing activities, and processing insurance claims. Continuously monitors the insurance industry and captive markets for captive program growth and operational opportunities. Provides creative insight into expanding PIH Health’s captive program.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current insurance and risk finance, insurance and risk management principles, concepts and procedures.
- Manages activities of insurance brokers and consultants through the development and implementation of performance standards and measurements to ensure approved goals are accomplished.
- Knowledge of statistics, data collection, analysis and data presentation.
- Ability to interpret actuarial and claims loss data and perform strategic financial analysis to identify loss leading indicators of loss, develop operational strategies to limit loss, and select optimum financial vehicles to fund losses and achieve objectives.
- Strong presentation and speaking skills to report on the performance of areas of responsibility to upper management and Board of Directors.
- Ability to supervise, train, evaluate and coordinate the activities of others.
- Ability to understand legal statutes, regulations and civil procedures relating to health care, insurance, safety and civil liability.
- Ability to operate a personal computer using standard or customized software applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to function independently.
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to balance client satisfaction with the overall financial ramifications to organization.
- Assertive without being aggressive.
- Capable of comfortably interacting with all levels of staff within the enterprise.
- Capable of debating a point of view.
- Knowledge of healthcare risk reduction strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Risk Management, or related field.
- 7-10 years of risk management, underwriting, and/or workers’ compensation experience in an insurance/underwriting organization, insurance, or risk management department of a large corporation.
- Master’s degree
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- Certified Professional Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) designation
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM).
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V