BUSINESS SERVICES SUPERVISOR (PHP GREENLEAF) FULL TIME, DAYSApply Now Job ID 7607-977 Date posted 05/15/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Under the supervision of the Business Services Director, this manager position is responsible for the effective management of self-pay accounts receivable, Bad Debt receivable, customer service, HPM processes and refunds, Charity, cashiering processes for BHP and PIH and mail deposits. Also responsible for overseeing timely follow-up of liens, risk management, red flag accounts, bankruptcies, payment arrangement accounts and the replenishment of the hospital’s petty cash and coordination of the Medi-cal on-site eligibility program. Has direct oversight over manual charge entry function and direct reporting relationship with charging staff. Meet and exceed the minimum productivity volume, and standards of work as defined within the departmental policies and procedures. Perform monthly audit and report findings of agencies and/or vendor performance to ensure a positive outcome in the overall operations processes.
- Must have people and results-oriented management skills and work with other supervisors and departments in a professional manner.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, strong verbal and written communication skills and sound decision making abilities.
- Must have good visual acuity and be to work in a sedentary environment which may include repetitive motions.
- Ability to learn new systems, become proficient in development of reports via hospital systems and tools provided, proficient in excel and work documents for appeal submission to payers.
- High school graduate
- Minimum 5 years hospital patient accounting experience
- Minimum 2 years supervisory or functional area lead experience
- Must be analytically astute and utilize report writing tools to massage data and run reports for trends and analysis
- Requires extensive knowledge in billing/follow-up of all lines of business within the patient accounting arena and collaboration with Eligibility Liaisons
- Must understand Bad Debt Regulations, Fair Debt Collection and Cashiering/Bank Reconciliation Practices
- Bachelors degree
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V