Care Management Coordinator, Care Management, Full time, DaysApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 20315-977 Date posted 09/13/2023
Works with case managers, social workers and Access coordinators to coordinate case management, discharge planning activities and patient placement activities. Coordinates the transfer of information to agencies and facilities in support of timely and safe patient discharges. Makes phone calls to patient care facilities in search of appropriate placement options for patient transfer. Develops and maintains collegial working relationships with Intake Personnel at outside agencies and facilities. Efficiently and accurately performs administrative, clinical functions within the department as assigned, including computer data entry, telephone and email communication and record keeping.
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 37 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Proficient English reading and comprehension
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment while completing individual assignments
- Basic technical and computer skills, minimum of 40 wpm
- Ability to multi-task and take direction from staff members belonging to different disciplines
- High School graduate
- Medical Terminology or willingness to learn
- Prior team-related experience
- Healthcare related degree
12401 Washington Blvd.