Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA), Hospice (Los Angeles/San Gabriel), Full Time, DaysApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 19742-977 Date posted 06/15/2023
The Home Health Aide provides assistance to the patient in the home with personal care and related personal services intended to maintain the patient's comfort as well as ability to remain in his/her personal residence. Services must be authorized by a physician when a skilled Plan of Treatment is being implemented by a registered nurse, physical therapist, or speech therapist.
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 37 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Cognizant of home health aide standards of care, including, but not limited to specific observations, documentation and reporting to professional nurse or therapist of such observations.
- Basic computer knowledge and abilities.
- California State Home Health Aide Certificate demonstrating completion of 120 hours of home health aide training.
- Ability to pass a competency test demonstrating compliance and knowledge of the areas of patient care as prescribed by OBRA '89 or have documentation of competency testing from another Medicare Certified Home Health agency or Hospice.
- Current BLS CRP certification from the American Heart Association.
- Current California driver's license and valid auto insurance.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
12401 Washington Blvd.